Hong Kong Art School (HKAS), founded in 2000, is a division of the Hong Kong Arts Centre (HKAC). HKAS is an accredited institute staffed by a group of dedicated artists and art educators, who are active and distinguished practitioners in the field. The School’s award-bearing curriculum focuses mainly in the area of Fine Art (Ceramics, Painting, Photography and Sculpture). Its scope covers programmes with academic levels ranging from Higher Diploma to Bachelor Degree and Master Degree. The short programmes and the outreach projects of the School that run parallel to the award-bearing curriculum span a wide variety of artistic disciplines, and genuinely bridge art and the community. The School is celebrating its 20th Anniversary in 2020.
• We are the one and only art school in Hong Kong that is run and supported by an authentic Arts Centre. The Hong Kong Arts Centre has a history of over 40 years, it is the first independent and non-profit-making arts organization in Hong Kong. The Centre and the School bear unique insights into the artistic field and acquire direct and wide exposure to the artistic scene. The Centre, with its strong and established professional connections in the area, also keenly gets involved in the career development of the School's graduates.
• We are the one and only self-financed local institution specializing in art in Hong Kong, resources is solely dedicated to the betterment of art education.
• We are the one and only local art institution that offers Fine Art programmes with major studies, allowing students a more focused and sophisticated accomplishment in art study.
• We focus on Small class, studio-based & hands-on teaching.
• We emphasizes on cross-disciplinary studies that help nurture students into all-rounded art practitioners.
• Our students can learn from a group of practicing artists, get a unique glimpse of the real art world, and lead a real artistic life.
• We provides students with established articulation pathways in art, as well as plenty scholarship opportunities.