The German Design Council is one of the world’s leading centres of expertise in communication and knowledge transfer in the area of design. It was created in 1953 by the Bundestag (the German federal parliament) and endowed by the Federation of German Industries. For more than 65 years, it has been working to promote the competitiveness of German companies.
Through its competitions, exhibitions, conferences, workshops and publications, the German Design Council has contributed tremendously to the transfer of knowledge in the fields of design, innovation and branding. Today, the German Design Council’s circle of members and benefactors is made up of more than 300 domestic and foreign companies employing over three million people.
This is an overview of the renowned international competitions organised by the German Design Council that strengthen companies and designers around the globe:
German Design Awards: the international premier prize of the German Design Council is an international pacesetter in the fields Product Design and Communication Design
German Brand Awards: the award for excellence in brand management
German Innovation Awards: honouring innovations and extraordinary developments
ICONIC AWARDS: Innovative Architecture: the whole world of architecture
ICONIC AWARDS: Innovative Interior: the whole world of interior design
Mobility Awards: the Automotive Brand Contest, the Motorcycle Brand Contest and the Bicycle Brand Contest honour outstanding product and communication design of the mobility industry
ein&zwanzig Awards: the international competition for design talents and newcomers promotes and supports talented young designers. The winning projects are presented in an exclusive exhibition in Milan.
1) This platform is operated by FHKDA for the exclusive use by GDN Member Associations ("Members") for the sole purpose of recruiting talents for job vacancies offered by Members.
2) By posting a job advertisement on the platform, Members agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
a) This platform is operated on a fair basis for which all Members have equal access.
b) Job advertisements posted on the platform will last for a period of 90 calendar days.
b) FHKDA shall not endorse any job opportunity offered by any Member.
c) FHKDA shall not recommend any job opportunity to any job seeker.
d) Members should include at least one valid means of enquiry for each job advertisement, whether it be email, telephone, mailing address or any other contact channel.
e) FHKDA shall, under no circumstance, answer any enquiry or collect any application from job seekers.
f) Members agree to pay a non-refundable placement fee of HKD xxx to FHKDA for each job advertisement posted on the platform. After FHKDA has received the full payment, it will assign a log-in password to the requesting Member to access the platform.
g) Members should ensure that job advertisements posted do not contain any information which contravene the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, or the laws of the any country concerned, whether that be the country in which the Member is registered in, or in which the successful applicant will be stationed. For the laws of Hong Kong, Members are advised to contact or visit the websites of the Labour Department, Equal Opportunities Commission as well as other relevant bodies.
h) Member shall indemnify FHKDA against any claims incurred on the part of FHDKA arising out of or in connection with the advertisement posted by the Member concerned.
i) FHKDA reserves the right to refuse any Member's request to post a job advertisement on the platform, to remove and/or to request any Member to remove any job advertisement should the Member concerned fail to abide by the Terms and Conditions. In either case, FHKDA will not make compensation in any kind or reimburse the placement fee to the Member concerned.
I agree to abide by the above Terms and Conditions pertaining to the Job Recruitment platform operated by FHKDA.
1) This platform is operated by FHKDA for the exclusive use by GDN Member Associations ("Members") for the sole purpose of providing a marketing platform for event(s) ("Event" / "Events") organized by the Members.
2) This platform is offered on a fair basis for which all Members have an equal opportunity to use.
3) This platform is only available for Events that have yet to commence at the time the request is made.
4) This platform is only available for Events that are listed on the "International Design Calendar" on GDN website (www.g-d-n.net).
5) A non-refundable fee of USD$50 shall apply for each Event that benefits from this platform.
6) After FHKDA has received the full payment from the requesting Member, it will arrange an icon to be placed on the Event image that is listed on the "International Design Calendar", as well as mention the Event on the "Latest Update" scroll down window on the front page of the GDN website. As soon as the Event is removed from the "International Design Calendar", the marketing platform arranged for this particular Event will also terminate.
7) FHKDA shall, under no circumstance, answer any enquiry or complaint relating to the Event(s) raised by any parties.
8) FHKDA reserves the right to refuse any Member's request for using this marketing platform and/or to terminate the arrangement of this marketing platform for an Event should the Member concerned fail to abide by the Terms and Conditions. In either case, FHKDA will not make compensation in any kind or reimburse the placement fee to the Member concerned.
I agree to abide by the above Terms and Conditions pertaining to the marketing platform operated by FHKDA.